Here is the beta AppleACPIBatteryManager I have been working on. It will work with original PowerManagement and you don't need AppleACPIPowerSource. Although some values may have "0" value, it should display "Time" and "Percentage" but I am not sue if it is accurate or not. Also, "Power source" should detect correctly and icon should change correctly. If you are using the notebook, you can give it a try.
It is based on original AppleSmartBatteryManager and linux driver. It should work both on Tiger and Leopard. (I used Tiger to compile the source code and it work on my 10.4.11 and 10.5.4)
Again, it is just the beta version and you probably need the original PowerManagement with it. Make sure that you don't have AppleACPIPowerSource Installed or it will cause error.
Serial Number: TOSHIBA-PA3399U -Li-Ion-3658Q
Device name: PA3399U
Pack Lot Code: 0000
PCB Lot Code: 0000
Firmware Version: 0000
Hardware Revision: 0000
Cell Revision: 0000
Charge remaining (mAh): 4400
Fully charged: Yes
Full charge capacity (mAh): 4400
Cycle count: 1
Battery Installed: Yes
Amperage (mA): 0
Voltage (mV): 11100
1. Using "fCurrentVoltage" to FAKE "fCurrentRate" if "fCurrentRate" is read as 0.
1. Using "fMaxCapacity" to FAKE "fCurrentRate" if "fCurrentRate" is read as 0.
2. Change battery dectection funcion. (battery inserted and removed)
2. Change poll time from 10 seconds to 30 seconds
1. Make sure "fMaxCapacity" is always equal to or larger than "fCurrentCapacity".
1. Added "Battery Information" and "Battery Status" so that it will show on ioreg.
2. Using "fMaxCapacity" to caculate remaning time while battery is charging.
1. Cleaned up some unused codes.
2. Tried to fix the percentage issue.
1. Serial Number will show type and serial number instead of 0 if it reads any data.
2. Tried to fix more than one battery bay issue by using "_UID" flag. (need feedbacks)
1. Tried to fix OSString/OSData issue on battery info. (need feedbacks)
2. Tried to fix more than one battery bay issue. (need feedbacks)
1. Tried to fix more than one battery bay issue by using "_STA" flag. (need feedbacks)
1. Added CycleCount caculation and CellVoltages information. (need feedbacks)
1. Using "fCurrentVoltage" to caculate temperature.
( [fCurrentVoltage * fCurrentRate] should be used to caculate temperature. However, when the battery is FULL, fCurrentRate will be 0 and will make temperature become 0. To make it simpe, just use fCurrentVoltage untill I find a better solution.)
2. Fixed wrong "Power Unit" issue.
1. Changed [class AppleACPIBattery] to [class AppleACPIBatteryDevice]. Hopefully, it will fix the random KP due to the duplicated class AppleACPIBattery while ApplePowerSource is also installed at the same time.
2. Tried to fix more than one battery bay issue by using "numBatteriesSupported()" first. When the returned value is more than 1, it will check "_STA" flag. Otherwise, it will skip the "_STA" flag check. Also, rewrote the "_STA" flag check function. (need feedbacks from those who has more than one battery bay in the notebook.)
1. Removed "_UID" flag and related function.
2. Improved battery inserted/removed detection function.
3. Set "fUnitFactor" to 1 if it is read/caculated as 0. (Make sure denominator is not 0)
4. Moved "setExternalChargeCapable" function from "setBatteryBIF" to "setBatteryBST" rountine.
5. Reset "fAverageRate" to 0 when the state of battery changes.
(Now it will show "Calculating" first, then "Time" later, while plugging in or pulling out the AC power, like my MacBook does. )
1. Fixed long "Calculating" problem.
1. Fixed the problem that battery meter doesn't show 100% after finished charging.
2. Changed to only read last three bit for "fCurrentRate" in case that the value read from ACPI table is too big.